About Troop 442
Troop 442 is a BSA chartered troop through the Christ Methodist Church in Sugar Land.
- Scoutmaster Mr. Raymundo Cortes
- Committee Chair Mrs. Michelle Ruben
- Charterd Org Representative Mr. Richard Conely
Scouting Program Objectives
Scouting provides youth and families a proven program to develop character, citizenship, and fitness. These are called the “Aims of Scouting.”
- Character Development
- Citizenship Training
- Personal Fitness
Scouting Trains Adults as well as Youth
- Scouting trains ADULTS how to work with YOUTH from ages 6 through 20 using a curriculum of objectives and program materials.
- The curriculum includes activities and challenges for both BOYS and GIRLS from Kindergarten through Age 18 and YOUNG MEN & WOMEN from Ages 14 through 20.
Methods Of Scouts BSA
The Troop Leader Guidebook compares the eight methods of Scouts BSA to an eight-cylinder engine: “When all eight pistons are firing, the car moves powerfully yet smoothly toward its destination. When a few pistons get fouled, the car lurches haltingly along. When only one or two pistons are firing, you might as well get out and walk.”
- Ideals – reciting the Scout Oath, Law, motto, and slogan
- Patrols – small group activities reinforce teamwork and teaches youth to accept responsibility
- Outdoors – skills and activities practiced at troop meetings come alive with purpose Advancement – at their own pace; overcomes challenges; rewarded for achievement, gain self-confidence
- Advancement – at their own pace; overcomes challenges; rewarded for achievement, gain self-confidence
- Adult Association – learn from examples set by adult leaders; practice speaking with non-parent adults, which improves self-confidence
- Personal Growth – Good Turn Daily – give back; participate in community service projects; religious emblems program allow for spiritual growth
- Leadership Development – learn and practice leadership skills; helps a scout accept the leadership roles of others and guides them toward the citizenship aim of Scouting
- Uniform – creates a positive youth image; demonstrates commitment; identity in a world brotherhood of youth who believe in the same ideals